New Albany Renewal

New Albany Renewal is intended to serve as a repository for ideas relevant to preserving and restoring historic buildings, cleaning up neighboorhoods, revitalizing downtown, and improving the quality of life in New Albany, Indiana.

Name:
Location: New Albany, Indiana

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Council With a Vision

While I was eating my lunch today I was flipping through one of my favortie lifestyle/decorating magazines and I came across an article featuring Charlottesville, Virginia as a destination for a weekend getaway.

What I read about independent businesses prompted me to do a quick Google search to see what the city is doing to encourage them. The city of Charlottesville does encourage entrepreneurs. There was something else that really got my attention.

The Charlottesville city council has a vision statement on the city website.

Just the fact that their city council has was impressive. Take a look. There is more there to be impressed by than the mere existence of their vision statement.

Go to:

http://www.charlottesville.org/

click on City Council Vision (top right)

The rest of the website is interesting as well. If you don't have a lot of time to spend looking at it you might want to click on Interactive Community Movies (under the logo in the center) for a quick look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home